The below process should be followed when assisting with the transfer of your clients’ existing domain(s) and data to your Red Cactus reseller account, using Serious Billing, Solid CP and MSP Control Panel
Please ensure that you follow the below steps to prevent any loss of data once the transfer has been initiated.
RESTORE WORDPRESS SITE
In addition to the below you can also view this 8 part tutorial on how to backup and restore an existing WordPress site via the host panel, phpMyAdmin and FileZilla.
The client is required to sign up via your (white-labelled) client area;
– Client can login/Sign up via admin.yourdomain.co.za
– Add a hosting package and select the option “Point existing domain/Set a domain later”
This is crucial, as not to lose any data prior to the transfer being initiated.
Take a backup of your client’s host panel data.
1. Download existing website files and database(s) using FileZilla and phpMyAdmin respectively
– You may use any FTP client, but we recommend FileZilla to ensure a smooth file transfer
– phpMyAdmin will assist with exporting the database to a .sql format
– Mail accounts can be provisioned on the new hosting space before importing messages from the existing service provider.
There are two (2) methods of migrating the Email accounts to the new hosting environment.
You can provide us with the Email accounts and their associated passwords and allow us to migrate the data across to the new account. Please contact us for an estimate.
You can follow the instructions provided by this tutorial in order to copy the messages across to the new account.
Migrate website and database files to your new hosting space.
– Upload the website files into the WWWROOT folder and restore database(s) via the host panel by navigating to DATABASES
– Confirm that all e-Mails are reflecting in your inbox on the MailEnable webmail interface.
Initiate domain transfer via your white-label reseller account through Red Cactus Billing
– Red Cactus will send a ticket request for the domain transfer to the correct authority
– The registrant (owner) of the domain will receive the transfer request which they should accept if they would like to continue with the transfer.
– Domain(s) will then transfer to our hosting environment, co.za’s typically take about 24 hours but .com type domains up to 7 days.
Please confirm e-Mail account settings and webmail URL by navigating to our webmail and e-Mail settings tool.
– Enter your e-Mail address or domain name in the blank address bar and hit “GO“.
– Once rendered you will be provided with your e-Mail account settings and Webmail URL
Kindly familiarize yourself with the following:
- Domain(s) should only be transferred once the e-Mail accounts have been set up, database(s) restored and website files uploaded.
- Please ensure your domain is UNLOCKED and status set to OK.
- Kindly ensure that the REGISTRANT e-Mail is updated in order to receive the transfer request.
- .com/.net/.org domains usually take up to 7 days to transfer, while additional validation is required.
- Please obtain the relevant EPP code from your existing host, should it be required to transfer your domain.
- Please visit our Knowledge Base for any web-hosting and e-Mail support related assistance
- Alternatively you can contact support and we will give you a nudge in the right direction should your query relate to any 3rd party application(s) causing an issue on your computer and/or mobile device.
- During a domain’s grace period, i.e. first 60 days after registration, it cannot be transferred away, although you can update the name servers to those of Red Cactus.
Reseller Client Domain Transfer (Windows), domain transfer reseller client, reseller domain transfer windows, reseller domain transfer for client