This is a simple and easy on how to set up your DNS Zone Records if you are using Google Apps Mail
Here we go:
1. In your favorite browser, navigate to host.providerdomain.co.za
2. On the login screen please enter your Username (1) and Password (2), these details were emailed to you when you registered. Select Sign In (4) to continue. If you forgot your password, please click on “Forgot your password” (3) to reset your password.
3. After a successful login, you will be one of your hosting spaces. If you have more than one hosting packages you can (1)/(2) select which hosting package you wish to work on.
4. In order to edit or add DNS Records we have to use our current domain that was set up to use Google Apps Mail. (1) Select the “Domains” option.
5. A (1) list of your domains on your current selected hosting package will be shown if you have any domain registered on the package. You will also see (2) all the sub domains that have been created.
6. Please (1) select your primary domain to change/add it’s DNS Zone Records
7. After you selected the domain, you will see a small details screen. On the right hand side, please (1) select “Edit DNS zone records”.
8. Now you can (1) add new records, (2) edit existing records or (3) delete records. We need to add a few records for Google Apps Mail to function. (1) Select “Add Record”
9. Google Apps Mail has 5 MX Records that need to be added in order for it to start functioning with your domain. Select (1) the dropdown for “Record Type” and the (2) select the type “MX”. Leave the “Record Name” blank.
10. Next to “Record Data” (1) set the Record Data as “ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM”. Set the MX Priority as “1” and select save.
11. One down, four more to go. Repeat steps 9 & 10 for all of the following records.
- Record Name: blank, Record Data: “ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM”, MX Priority: 5
- Record Name: blank, Record Data: “ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM”, MX Priority: 5
- Record Name: blank, Record Data: “ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM”, MX Priority: 10
- Record Name: blank, Record Data: “ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM”, MX Priority: 10
(Note) After you’ve added or edited your DNS Zone Records, it will take a few hours to take effect.
Congratulations! You have now successfully set up your domains DNS Zone Records to use Google Apps Mail.
change dns zone records for google apps, point dns to google apps, change dns to use google apps mail, change mx records to point to google apps