Setup IMAP account without SSL on Outlook 365 and older
- Press Windows Key + R to open the run box and copy this string into the input
2. Press enter and select EMAIL ACCOUNTS
3. Select NEW
4. Select MANUAL SETUP
5. Select POP OR IMAP
Enter your mail settings
Incoming (POP3): mail.yourdomain.co.za
Outgoing (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.co.za
Navigate to MORE SETTINGS and change the SMTP PORT to 587 (default is 25)
7. Navigate to Outgoing Server and check both these two boxes:
– My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
– Use same settings as my incoming mail server
8. Finally say OK and say Next it will show completed if the mailbox works.
9. Then select finish
Congratulations! You have successfully set up you mail account in Outlook.