Please note these steps to transfer your domain to us.
The following steps explains the process to migrate your domains, mail and website to our secure infrastructure.
- Setup a hosting package that suits your needs (disk space, number of emails).
- Add your existing domain to the host panel. Login details can be found in the welcome letter.
- Create your email accounts that you currently have with the existing hosting including new ones.
- Create your website using the existing domain name (SolidCP only).
- Optionally create an FTP account.
- You can now transfer all your existing databases, website files to the exiting panel using FTP and the file upload facility within the hosting panel.
- You will now need to transfer your actual Emails associated with the email accounts if you are using IMAP protocol.
- See related topics above or go directly to TRANSFER IMAP EMAILS.
- If you are using POP account email, data will be on your personal computer and will not require any migration. Just change the POP settings and perhaps the password if they are different between the old and new server, and you should send and receive correctly.
- All your web files, mail accounts and emails will now be on the new server and you are ready to initiate the migration of the domain by just requesting a transfer in our billing system using “new parking option”.
Following the above steps insures that you will not have any downtime and not lose any Emails in the process.
The most important details to remember is to get the files that constitutes your website (php, aspx and database files), and to initiate the domain transfer last.
Kindly contact your provider for assistance with the above should you not feel comfortable in migrating the data to your new hosting space.