You can transfer your domain away from GoDaddy, making use of the transfer away checklist. Please note your domain will not be eligible for transfer if the request falls within 60 days after registration. The same applies to a recent transfer, or if a 60 day lock has been applied after updating the registrant details or should ownership protection be enabled.
Kindly follow the below steps to initiate the domain transfer away from Godaddy:
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center (Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy.
Should this option display as DISABLED, it means that you can’t transfer your domain if it’s within 60 days of registration, a previous transfer or if a 60-day lock was applied after updating the registrant details.
- Review the transfer checklist, then select Continue with transfer.
- Select Click here to see Authorization Code, then Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. You will also receive an Email with the AUTH CODE. This mail will only be sent to the registrant Email address associated with the account, so please ensure this is updated.
- Select My Domains to go back to your list of domains.
You’ll need to complete the transfer process with your new registrar and provide them with the authorization code for your domain name.
Domain transfer from godaddy, godaddy transfer away, godaddy domain transfer away, transfer domain from godaddy