The below process should be followed when transferring a domain to Red Cactus yourself. Should you prefer that we take care of the transfer, kindly provide us with your control panel details by completing the secure transfer form.
Sign into your existing Red Cactus Hosting Account;
– Add a hosting package and select the option “point a domain/set a domain later”
– Add domain(s) and website(s) in the host panel
– Create required e-Mail account(s) in the admin panel.
– Create new FTP account(s) in the host panel
– Create new database(s) in the host panel
Download your current website files and database(s) using FileZilla and transfer all existing e-Mail accounts using the IMAP transfer tool.
Transfer website and database files to your new hosting space.
– Restore database(s) and ensure that the site is displaying correctly
– Confirm that all e-Mails are reflecting in your inbox
Initiate domain transfer via the Admin Panel. Should you wish to point your domain instead, please view STEP 5 below.
– Red Cactus will send a ticket request for the domain transfer to the correct authority, after – if applicable – the website/database and e-Mails have been setup.
– The registrant (owner) of the domain will receive the transfer request which they should accept if they would like to continue with the transfer.
– Domains will then transfer to our hosting environment, co.za’s typically take about 24 hours but .com type domains up to 7 days.
– We can time this transfer if you prefer, please just let us know what works best for you, if you are not sure, we recommend doing this on a Friday if you have many e-Mail addresses linked to your account.
Point your domain to Red Cactus
– Request that your IT technician update the DNS of your domain and change the A / WWW records to those of Red Cactus
– IP for Windows hosting on Solid CP [184.108.40.206]
Please confirm e-Mail account settings and webmail URL by navigating to our webmail and e-Mail settings tool.
– Enter your e-Mail address or domain name in the blank address bar and hit “GO“.
– Once rendered you will be provided with your e-Mail account settings and webmail URL (which you will require when accessing your account online).
Kindly familiarize yourself with the following:
- Domain(s) can only be transferred once the e-Mail accounts have been set up, databases restored and website files uploaded.
- Please ensure your domain is UNLOCKED and status set to OK.
- Kindly ensure that the REGISTRANT e-Mail is updated in order to receive the transfer request.
- .com/.net/.org domains usually take up to 5 days to transfer, while additional validation is required.
- Please obtain the relevant EPP code from your existing host, should it be required to transfer your domain.
- Please visit our self-help tutorials for any web-hosting and e-Mail support related assistance
- Alternatively you can contact support and we will give you a nudge in the right direction should your query relate to any 3rd party application(s) causing an issue on your computer and/or mobile device.
- During a domain’s grace period, i.e. first 60 days after registration, it cannot be transferred away, although you can update the name servers to those of Red Cactus.