THIS IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO RESTORE YOUR BACKED-UP WORDPRESS SITE
UPLOAD WEBSITE FILES AND DATABASE(S) VIA FTP IN WWWROOT
Prior to restoring the database in the host panel, your are required to upload it to the server, in the data folder, together with the website files in the wwwroot respectively.
- Access existing FTP account in FileZilla and update the HOST name (IP address) to the one your domain resides on.
2. Select the staging site (sitename.rcweb5s.co.za)
3. Double click on WWWROOT
4. Select the local folder from where you will copy the website files
5. Right click on the selected files and upload these to the server
6. The files will now copy to the destination. View the progress at the bottom of the application
7. Once completed, double click the main folder to move back one screen
8. Now double click the data folder
9. Right-click on the SQL file to upload to the DATA folder
10. The SQL file will now be copied. You can view the progress at the bottom of the application
11. Once completed, you will receive a notification in the bottom right corner of the application
Please note: You are required to restore the database in the host panel before your site will display correctly.
Next step: Restore database(s) via host panel
Upload website files and database(s) via FTP in wwwroot folder, publish site files, upload website files, upload site files in wwwroot, upload site files in filezilla, upload site files with ftp